The aim of this project is to develop and evaluate the feasibility and acceptability of a comprehensive web-based self-management support for 14-19 year olds living with asthma.
The self-management support tool will be developed to enable symptom monitoring and treatment adherence, using peak flow technology via Eclipse Solutions and Asthma Monitor; a ground-breaking telehealth solution to help young people manage their own condition.
- A patient-centred service promoting enhanced self-management and providing information and education for patients to support them in managing their asthma.
- Personalised asthma care with treatment optimisation, leading to improved asthma control to prevent asthma attacks and the need for systemic corticosteroids, reduce debilitating asthma symptoms and minimise the need for time-off from school, studies or work.
- Ensuring patients have a positive healthcare experience with an integrated asthma service provided at a time that suits patients in a location most appropriate for their clinical needs.
- Providing a structured review by asthma-trained clinicians.
- Reducing smoking in asthma with targeted smoking cessation support.
- Targeting a transition-aged cohort to reduce potential preventable asthma deaths in later life.