As with any test or procedure it is really important that your patient has a full understanding of what to expect from their FeNO test appointment, along with an explanation of the test process.
This may include an understanding of the benefits of having a FeNO test, including;
- More accurate diagnosis of asthma
- Non-invasive, simple and safe test
- Improved patient experience
- Patients are less likely to be referred onto secondary care for additional testing
- Opportunity for increased understanding of condition as patients can relate to their own FeNO score.
It is helpful for patients to have time to digest information describing a test or procedure. We have created a FeNO patient leaflet to help patients understand their test. You can download it from the resources section of this page (below, right).
We have also translated our patient leaflet into seven different languages (You can download these from the Resources section of this page, below right) and audio versions which are available in the following languages:
Mapping where languages are spoken
To support the applied use of these leaflets, we have mapped where these 7 languages are spoken in England and Wales.
FeNO Template - accuRx
accuRx has created a FeNO template to send to patients prior to their appointment (text message). For information on what's included and how to find the template, have a look at our guidance document.